1. In all cases of a siege or hostage situation you must act quickly and effectively.
2. Try to isolate the area where the incident has occurred – move all unaffected people away.
3. Contact the Police on 000 and CSG on 03-9523-0434 immediately.
4. Await and follow further instructions from authorities.
5. Avoid negotiation with the offender unless the situation is life-threatening.
6. Never provide alcohol or other drugs to the offender.
7. Never make a deal with an offender that you cannot meet.
8. If you must speak with an offender, remain calm, non-threatening and non-committal.