JEMP exists to:
- Coordinate Jewish communal resources in responding to and recovering from major emergencies affecting the Victorian Jewish community.
- Educate members of the Victorian Jewish community about preparation and planning for a major emergency.
- Guide Victorian Jewish communal organisations toward the implementation of a tested Emergency and Business Continuity Management Plan and required capability.
JEMP’ s aims are to:
- Implement and operate a coordinated emergency management plan to deal with any maor emergency (local or abroad) which may face Victorian Jewish communal organisations or members of the Victorian Jewish community;
- Provide disaster relief directly to affected persons where possible by utilising the Victorian Jewish community’s resources in a quick and efficient manner during major emergencies affecting the Victorian Jewish community;
- Provide members of the public, community leaders, organisations and emergency service organisations with a single, central point of contact in a major emergency;
- Assist emergency service organisations in dealing with issues affecting the Victorian Jewish community as a result of an emergency;
- Provide public access to a communication centre for the dissemination of vital information to interested parties in times of major emergencies;
- Eliminate or reduce the incidence or severity of emergencies and the mitigation of their effects;
- Assist Victorian Jewish communal organisations in planning for emergencies; and
- Work within and maintain safety and security regulations of the Victorian government laws and standards.